Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun disorder has 3 senses
- disorder, upset - condition in which there is a disturbance of normal functioning; "the doctor prescribed some medicine for the disorder"; "everyone gets stomach upsets from time to time"
--1 is a kind of condition, status
--1 has particulars:
| ||immunological disorder; functional disorder; organic disorder; abocclusion; abruptio placentae; achlorhydria; acholia, cholestasis; achylia, achylia gastrica; acute brain disorder, acute organic brain syndrome; ailment, complaint, ill; eating disorder; bladder disorder; cardiovascular disease; celiac disease; cheilosis, perleche; choking; colpoxerosis; degenerative disorder; dysaphia; dysosmia, parosamia, ofactory impairment; dysphagia; dysuria; failure; fantods; glandular disease, gland disease, glandular disorder, adenosis; hyperactivity; impaction, impacted tooth; impaction; learning disorder, learning disability; malocclusion; idiopathic disease, idiopathic disorder, idiopathy; mental disorder, mental disturbance, disturbance, psychological disorder, folie; metabolic disorder; nervous disorder, neurological disorder, neurological disease; hydrocele; sleep disorder; strangulation; hematocolpometra, haematocolpometra; hematocolpos, haematocolpos; speech disorder, speech defect, defect of speech; sprue, tropical sprue|
- disorderliness, disorder - a condition in which things are not in their expected places; "the files are in complete disorder"
--2 is a kind of condition, status
Antonyms: orderliness, order
--2 has particulars:
| ||shambles; untidiness; mess, messiness, muss, mussiness; disorganization, disorganisation, disarrangement; clutter, jumble, muddle, mare's nest, welter, smother|
- disorder - a disturbance of the peace or of public order
--3 is a kind of state
--3 has particulars:
| ||anarchy, lawlessness; instability; confusion; rioting, riot; rowdiness, rowdyism, roughness, disorderliness; disturbance, disruption, commotion, stir, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle; discord, strife; turbulence, upheaval, Sturm und Drang|
Verb disorder has 2 senses
- perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder - disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed; "She was rather perturbed by the news that her father was seriously ill"
--1 is one way to disturb, upset, trouble
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- disorder, disarray - bring disorder to
--2 is one way to change, alter, modify
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something