Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun closeness has 5 senses
- closeness, intimacy - a feeling of being intimate and belonging together; "their closeness grew as the night wore on"
--1 is a kind of belonging
--1 has particulars: togetherness
- nearness, closeness - the spatial property resulting from a relatively small distance; "the sudden closeness of the dock sent him into action"
--2 is a kind of distance
--2 has particulars:
- meanness, minginess, niggardliness, niggardness, parsimony, parsimoniousness, tightness, tightfistedness, closeness - extreme stinginess
--3 is a kind of stinginess
--3 has particulars: pettiness; miserliness
- closeness, secretiveness - characterized by a lack of openness (especially about one's actions or purposes)
--4 is a kind of unsociability, unsociableness
--4 has particulars: furtiveness, sneakiness, stealthiness
- familiarity, intimacy, closeness - close or warm friendship; "the absence of fences created a mysterious intimacy in which no one knew privacy"
--5 is a kind of friendliness