Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective ace has 1 sense
- ace, A-one, crack, first-rate, super, tiptop, topnotch, tops - of the highest quality; "an ace reporter"; "a crack shot"; "a first-rate golfer"; "a super party"; "played top-notch tennis"; "an athlete in tiptop condition"; "she is absolutely tops"
Antonym: inferior (indirect, via superior)
Noun ace has 5 senses
- one, 1, I, ace, single, unity - the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"; "they had lunch at one"
--1 is a kind of digit, figure
--1 has particulars: monad, monas; singleton
- ace - one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
--2 is a kind of playing card
--2 has particulars: ace of clubs; ace of diamonds; ace of hearts; ace of spades
- ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz - someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
--3 is a kind of expert
--3 has particulars: track star
- Allied Command Europe, ACE - a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an are extending from Norway to Turkey
--4 is a kind of headquarters
--4 is a part of North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO
--4 has members: Supreme Allied Commander Europe, SACEUR
- ace - a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
--5 is a kind of serve, service