Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective champion has 1 sense
- champion, prizewinning - holding first place in a contest; "a champion show dog"; "a prizewinning wine"
Antonym: worst (indirect, via best)
Noun champion has 4 senses
- champion, champ, title-holder - someone who has won first place in a competition
--1 is a kind of rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
--1 has particulars: record-breaker, record-holder
- champion, fighter, hero, paladin - someone who fights for a cause
--2 is a kind of defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend - a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
--3 is a kind of advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
--3 has particulars:
| ||anglophile, anglophil; believer, truster; Boswell; cheerleader; Confederate; enthusiast, partisan, partizan; Francophile, Francophil; free trader; functionalist; Jacobite; loyalist, stalwart; New Dealer; philhellene, philhellenist, Graecophile; pillar, mainstay; Roundhead; seconder; Shavian; subscriber, endorser, indorser, ratifier; sympathizer, sympathiser, well-wisher; toaster, wassailer; upholder, maintainer, sustainer; voucher, verifier; Whig|
- ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz - someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
--4 is a kind of expert
--4 has particulars: track star