Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun climb has 3 senses
- ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, climb, upgrade - an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
--1 is a kind of slope, incline, side
--1 has particulars: uphill
- climb, climbing, mounting - an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
--2 is a kind of rise, rising, ascent, ascension
- climb, mount - the act of climbing something; "it was a difficult climb to the top"
--3 is a kind of rise, ascent, ascension, ascending
--3 has particulars:
Verb climb has 6 senses
- climb, climb up, mount, go up - go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
--1 is one way to rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
They climb the hill
They climb up the hill
- climb - move with difficulty, by grasping
--2 is one way to move
Somebody ----s PP
- wax, mount, climb, rise - go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
--3 is one way to increase
- climb - slope upward; "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
--4 is one way to slope, incline, pitch
Something is ----ing PP
- climb - improve one's social status; "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
--5 is one way to progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up
Somebody ----s something
- rise, go up, climb - increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
--6 is one way to grow
The stock market is going to climb