Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun tout has 3 senses
- tout, ticket tout - someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit
--1 is a kind of scalper
- tout, touter - someone who advertises for customers in an especially brazen way
--2 is a kind of advertiser, advertizer, adman
- tipster, tout - one who sells advice about gambling or speculation (especially at the racetrack)
--3 is a kind of adviser, advisor, consultant
--3 has particulars: racetrack tout
Verb tout has 2 senses
- tout - advertize in strongly positive terms; "This product was touted as a revolutionary invention"
--1 is one way to pronounce, label, judge
Something ----s something Adjective/Noun
- boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade - show off
--2 is one way to overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyerbolise, magnify, amplify
Somebody ----s PP
Somebody ----s that CLAUSE
Somebody ----s to somebody