Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun tape has 5 senses
- tape - a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening; "he used a piece of tape for a belt"; "he wrapped a tape around the package"
--1 is a kind of strip, slip
--1 has particulars: adhesive tape; inkle; webbing
- tape, tape recording, taping - a recording made on magnetic tape; "the several recordings were combined on a master tape"
--2 is a kind of recording
--2 has particulars: audiotape; videotape
- tape - the finishing line for a foot race; "he broke the tape in record time"
--3 is a kind of finishing line, finish line
- tape, tapeline, tape measure - measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths; "the carpenter should have used his tape measure"
--4 is a kind of measuring instrument, measuring system, measuring device
- magnetic tape, mag tape, tape - memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information; "he took along a dozen tapes to record the interview"
--5 is a kind of memory device, storage device
--5 has particulars: audiotape; cassette tape; magnetic stripe; videotape