Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun steer has 2 senses
- tip, lead, steer, confidential information, wind, hint - an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
--1 is a kind of guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction
- bullock, steer - castrated bull
--2 is a kind of cattle, cows, kine, oxen, Bos taurus
Verb steer has 3 senses
- steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise - direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
--1 is one way to control, command
The men steer the boat
- steer - direct (oneself) somewhere; "Steer clear of him"
--2 is one way to control, command
Somebody ----s PP
- guide, steer - be a guiding force, as with directions or advice; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
--3 is one way to direct
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something