Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun steering has 3 senses
- guidance, steering - the act of guiding or showing the way
--1 is a kind of management, direction
- steering, guidance, direction - the act of setting and holding a course; "a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
--2 is a kind of control
--2 has particulars:
- steering, steerage - the act of steering a ship
--3 is a kind of control
--3 is a part of seafaring, navigation, sailing
Verb steer has 3 senses
- steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise - direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
--1 is one way to control, command
The men steer the boat
- steer - direct (oneself) somewhere; "Steer clear of him"
--2 is one way to control, command
Somebody ----s PP
- guide, steer - be a guiding force, as with directions or advice; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
--3 is one way to direct
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something