Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun slaughter has 3 senses
- slaughter - the killing of animals (as for food)
--1 is a kind of killing, kill, putting to death
--1 is a part of butchery, butchering
- thrashing, walloping, debacle, drubbing, slaughter, trouncing, whipping - a sound defeat
--2 is a kind of defeat, licking
- slaughter, massacre, mass murder, carnage, butchery - the savage and excessive killing of many people
--3 is a kind of murder, slaying, execution
--3 has particulars:
Verb slaughter has 2 senses
- butcher, slaughter - kill (animals) usually for food consumption; "They slaughtered their only goat to survive the winter"
--1 is one way to kill
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
- massacre, slaughter, mow down - kill a large number of people indiscriminately; "The Hutus massacred the Tutsis in Rwanda"
--2 is one way to kill
They want to slaughter the prisoners