Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective butch has 2 senses
- butch, macho - used of men; markedly masculine in appearance or manner
Antonym: feminine (indirect, via masculine)
- butch - pejorative synonym for lesbian
Antonym: bisexual (indirect, via heterosexual, homosexual)
Antonym: heterosexual (indirect, via homosexual, bisexual)
Noun butcher has 4 senses
- butcher, meatman - a retailer of meat
--1 is a kind of merchant, merchandiser
--1 has particulars: pork butcher
- butcher - a brutal indiscriminate murderer
--2 is a kind of murderer, liquidator, manslayer
- butcher, slaughterer - a person who slaughters or dresses meat for market
--3 is a kind of skilled worker, trained worker
--3 has particulars: knacker
- bungler, blunderer, fumbler, bumbler, stumbler, sad sack, botcher, butcher, fuckup - someone who makes mistakes because of incompetence
--4 is a kind of incompetent, incompetent person
Verb butcher has 1 sense
- butcher, slaughter - kill (animals) usually for food consumption; "They slaughtered their only goat to survive the winter"
--1 is one way to kill
They want to butcher the prisoners