Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun security has 9 senses
- security - the state of being free from danger or injury; "we support the armed services in the name of national security"
--1 is a kind of safety
--1 has particulars:
- security, certificate - a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends; "he held several valuable securities"
--2 is a kind of legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
--2 has particulars:
- security, security department - a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers; "the head of security was a former policeman"
--3 is a kind of department, section
- security, security measures - measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.; "military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
--4 is a kind of precaution, safeguard, guard
- security, protection - defense against financial failure; financial independence; "his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
--5 is a kind of assets
--5 has particulars: easy street; hedge, hedging; insurance
- security - freedom from anxiety or fear; "the watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
--6 is a kind of fearlessness, bravery
--6 has particulars: confidence
- security system, security measures, security - an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in
--7 is a kind of electrical device
- security, surety - property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation; "bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
--8 is a kind of transferred property, transferred possession
--8 has particulars:
- security, surety - a guarantee that an obligation will be met
--9 is a kind of guarantee, warrant, warrantee, warranty