Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun safety has 6 senses
- safety - the state of being certain that adverse effects will not be caused by some agent under defined conditions; "insure the safety of the children"; "the reciprocal of safety is risk"
--1 is a kind of condition, status
--1 has particulars:
- safety, refuge - a safe place; "He ran to safety"
--2 is a kind of area, country
--2 has particulars: harborage, harbourage
- guard, safety, safety device - a device designed to prevent injury
--3 is a kind of device
--3 has particulars: fender; safety catch, safety lock
- base hit, safety, bingle - (baseball) the successful act of striking a baseball in such a way that the batter reaches base safely
--4 is a kind of hit
--4 has particulars:
- condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic - contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourse
--5 is a kind of contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- safety - a score in American football; a player is tackled behind his own goal line
--6 is a kind of score