Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun peace has 5 senses
- peace - the state prevailing during the absence of war
--1 is a kind of order
Antonyms: war, state of war
--1 has particulars:
- peace - harmonious relations; freedom from disputes; "the roommates lived in peace together"
--2 is a kind of harmony, concord, concordance
- peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, repose, serenity, heartsease, ataraxis - the absence of mental stress or anxiety
--3 is a kind of tranquillity, tranquility, quietness, quietude
- peace, public security - the general security of public places; "he was arrested for disturbing the peace"
--4 is a kind of security
- peace, peace treaty, pacification - a treaty to cease hostilities; "peace came on November 11th"
--5 is a kind of treaty, pact, accord
--5 has particulars: Peace of Westphalia; Treaty of Versailles