Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective convertible has 3 senses
- convertible, exchangeable - capable of being exchanged for or replaced by something of equal value; "convertible securities"
Antonyms: inconvertible, unconvertible, unexchangeable, irredeemable
- convertible - designed to be changed from one use or form to another; "a convertible sofa"; "a convertible coupe"
Antonym: unadaptable (indirect, via adaptable)
- convertible, transformable, translatable, transmutable - capable of being changed in substance as if by alchemy; "is lead really transmutable into gold?"; "ideas translatable into reality"
Antonym: incommutable (indirect, via commutable)
Noun convertible has 3 senses
- convertible - a car that has top that can be folded or removed
--1 is a kind of car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
- convertible, convertible security - a corporate security (usually bonds or preferred stock) that can be exchanged for another form of security (usually common stock)
--2 is a kind of security, certificate
- convertible, sofa bed - a sofa that can be converted into a bed
--3 is a kind of sofa, couch, lounge
--3 has particulars: davenport; studio couch, day bed