Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun ramp has 3 senses
- ramp, incline - an inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another
--1 is a kind of inclined plane
--1 has particulars: ski jump
- ramp, wild leek, Allium tricoccum - North American perennial having a slender bulb and whitish flowers
--2 is a kind of alliaceous plant
- ramp - a movable staircase that passengers use to board or leave an aircraft
--3 is a kind of stairway, staircase, stairs, steps
Verb ramp has 5 senses
- ramp, rage, storm - behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
--1 is one way to act, behave, do
- ramp - furnish with a ramp; "The ramped auditorium"
--2 is one way to supply, provide, render, furnish
Somebody ----s something
- ramp - be rampant; "the lion is rampant in this heraldic depiction"
--3 is one way to model, pose, sit, posture
- ramp - creep up
--4 is one way to climb, climb up, mount, go up
Something is ----ing PP
- ramp - stand with arms or forelegs raised, as if menacing
--5 is one way to stand, stand up