Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun portrayal has 5 senses
- portrayal, portraiture, portrait - a word picture of a person's appearance and character
--1 is a kind of word picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, picture, characterization, characterisation
- portrayal, characterization, enactment, personation - acting the part of a character on stage; dramaticially representing the character by speech and action and gesture
--2 is a kind of acting, playing, playacting, performing
--2 has particulars:
- depicting, depiction, portraying, portrayal - a representation by picture or portraiture
--3 is a kind of representational process
--3 has particulars: mirror
- portrait, portrayal - any likeness of a person; "the photographer made excellent portraits"
--4 is a kind of likeness, semblance
--4 has particulars: half-length
- depiction, delineation, portrayal - representation by drawing or painting etc
--5 is a kind of pictorial representation, picturing
--5 has particulars: portraiture