Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun layer has 5 senses
- layer, bed - single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance; "slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
--1 is a kind of sheet, flat solid
--1 is a part of laminate
--1 has particulars:
- layer - a relatively thin sheetlike expanse or region lying over or under another
--2 is a kind of region, part
--2 has particulars:
- level, layer, stratum - an abstract place usually conceived as having depth; "a good actor communicates on several levels"; "a simile has at least two layers of meaning"; "the mind functions on many strata simultaneously"
--3 is a kind of place
- layer - a hen that lays eggs
--4 is a kind of hen, biddy
- layer - thin structure composed of a single thickness of cells
--5 is a kind of structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
--5 has particulars: