Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adverbial item has 1 sense
- item - (used when listing or enumerating items) also; "a length of chain, item a hook"-Philip Guedalla
Noun item has 5 senses
- item, point - a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list; "he noticed an item in the New York Times"; "she had several items on her shopping list"; "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
--1 is a kind of part, portion, component part, component
--1 is a part of list, listing
--1 has particulars:
- item - a whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection; "they reduced the price on many items"
--2 is a kind of whole, whole thing, unit
--2 has particulars: piece
- detail, particular, item - a small part that can be considered separately from the whole; "it was perfect in all details"
--3 is a kind of part, portion, component part, component
--3 has particulars: highlight, high spot
- detail, item, point - an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
--4 is a kind of fact
--4 has particulars:
- token, item - an individual instance of a type of symbol; "the word`error' contains three tokens of `r'"
--5 is a kind of symbol
--5 has particulars: postage, postage stamp, stamp; trading stamp