Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun trifle has 3 senses
- trifle - jam-spread sponge cake soaked in wine served with custard sauce
--1 is a kind of dessert, sweet, afters
--1 has particulars: tipsy cake
- technicality, trifle, triviality - a detail that is considered insignificant
--2 is a kind of detail, item, point
- triviality, trivia, trifle, small beer - something of small importance
--3 is a kind of object, physical object
--3 has particulars: bagatelle, fluff, frippery, frivolity
Verb trifle has 3 senses
- piddle, wanton, wanton away, piddle away, trifle - waste time; spend one's time idly or inefficiently
--1 is one way to spend, pass
- frivol, trifle - act frivolously
--2 is one way to act, behave, do
- dally, trifle, play - consider not very seriously; "He is trifling with her"; "She plays with the thought of moving to Tasmania"
--3 is one way to consider, take, deal, look at
Sam wants to trifle with Sue