Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun humor has 6 senses
- wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness - a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
--1 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--1 has particulars:
| ||jeu d'esprit; bon mot, mot; pungency, bite; sarcasm, irony, satire, caustic remark; repartee; joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape; caricature, imitation, impersonation; cartoon, sketch; fun, play, sport; ribaldry; topper|
- humor, humour, sense of humor, sense of humour - the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous; "she didn't appreciate my humor"; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor"
--2 is a kind of playfulness, fun
- temper, mood, humor, humour - a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling; "whether he praised or cursed me depended on his temper at the time"; "he was in a bad humor"
--3 is a kind of feeling
--3 has particulars:
- humor, humour - the quality of being funny; "I fail to see the humor in it"
--4 is a kind of quality
- humor, humour - (Middle Ages) one of the four fluids in the body whose balance was believed to determine your emotional and physical state; "the humors are blood and phlegm and yellow and black bile"
--5 is a kind of body substance
- liquid body substance, bodily fluid, body fluid, humor, humour - the liquid parts of the body
--6 is a kind of body substance
--6 has particulars:
| ||aqueous humor, aqueous humour; vitreous humor, vitreous humour, vitreous body; endolymph; perilymph; extracellular fluid, ECF; intracellular fluid; juice, succus; karyolymph; milk; amniotic fluid, amnionic fluid, waters; blood; serum, blood serum; chyle; lymph; semen, seed, seminal fluid, ejaculate, cum; ink; secretion; black bile, melancholy; yellow bile, choler; phlegm, sputum; lochia; pus, purulence, suppuration, ichor, sanies, festering; spinal fluid, cerebrospinal fluid|
Verb humor has 1 sense
- humor, humour - put into a good mood
--1 is one way to gratify, pander, indulge
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody