Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective fun has 1 sense
- amusing, amusive, diverting, fun - providing enjoyment; pleasantly entertaining; "an amusing speaker"; "a diverting story"; "a fun thing to do"
Antonym: unentertaining (indirect, via entertaining)
Noun fun has 4 senses
- fun, merriment, playfulness - activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around"
--1 is a kind of diversion, recreation
- fun, play, sport - verbal wit (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"
--2 is a kind of wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
--2 has particulars:
- fun - violent and excited activity; "she asked for money and then the fun began"; "they began to fight like fun"
--3 is a kind of activity
- playfulness, fun - a disposition to find (or make) causes for amusement; "her playfulness surprised me"; "he was fun to be with"
--4 is a kind of frivolity, frivolousness
--4 has particulars:
| ||facetiousness; impertinence, perkiness, pertness, sauciness, archness; friskiness, frolicsomeness, sportiveness; impishness, mischievousness, puckishness, whimsicality; humor, humour, sense of humor, sense of humour|