Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun foot has 11 senses
- foot, ft - a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard; "he is six feet tall"
--1 is a kind of linear unit
--1 is a part of yard, pace; chain
--1 has parts: inch, in
- foot, human foot, pes - the foot of a human being; "his bare feet projected from his trousers"; "armored from head to foot"
--2 is a kind of vertebrate foot, pedal extremity
--2 is a part of leg; homo, man, human being, human
--2 has parts:
--2 has particulars: flatfoot, splayfoot, pes planus
- foot - the lower part of anything; "curled up on the foot of the bed"; "the foot of the page"; "the foot of the list"; "the foot of the mountain"
--3 is a kind of bottom
- foot - travel by foot; "he followed on foot"; "the swiftest of foot"
--4 is a kind of walk
- animal foot, foot - a foot of a vertebrate other than a human being
--5 is a kind of vertebrate foot, pedal extremity
--5 has particulars:
- foot - a support resembling a pedal extremity; "one foot of the chair was on the carpet"
--6 is a kind of support
--6 is a part of leg
- foundation, base, fundament, foot, groundwork, substructure, understructure - lowest support of a structure; "it was built on a base of solid rock"; "he stood at the foot of the tower"
--7 is a kind of support
--7 is a part of structure, construction
--7 has particulars: bed; raft foundation
- foot, invertebrate foot - any of various organs of locomotion or attachment in invertebrates
--8 is a kind of organ
--8 is a part of invertebrate
--8 has particulars: tube foot
- infantry, foot - an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot; "there came ten thousand horsemen and as many fully-armed foot"
--9 is a kind of army unit
--9 has particulars: paratroops
- foot - a member of a surveillance team who works on foot or rides as a passenger
--10 is a kind of secret agent, intelligence officer, intelligence agent, operative
- metrical foot, foot, metrical unit - a group of 2 or 3 syllables forming the basic unit of poetic rhythm
--11 is a kind of meter, metre, measure, beat, cadence
--11 has particulars:
Verb foot has 3 senses
- foot, pick - pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
--1 is one way to pay
- foot, leg it, hoof, hoof it - walk; "let's hoof it to the disco"
--2 is one way to walk
Somebody ----s PP
- foot, foot up - add a column of numbers
--3 is one way to add, add together
Somebody ----s something