Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun pace has 6 senses
- pace, gait - the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
--1 is a kind of rate
--1 has particulars:
- footstep, pace, step, stride - the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
--2 is a kind of indefinite quantity
- pace, rate - the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
--3 is a kind of temporal property
--3 has particulars:
- pace, stride, tread - a step in walking or running
--4 is a kind of step
--4 is a part of walk, walking
- tempo, pace - the rate of some repeating event
--5 is a kind of rate
- yard, pace - a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
--6 is a kind of linear unit
--6 is a part of
--6 has parts: foot, ft