Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun climax has 5 senses
- climax, flood tide - the highest point of anything conceived of as growing or developing or unfolding; "the climax of the artist's career"; "in the flood tide of his success"
--1 is a kind of juncture, occasion
- climax, culmination - the decisive moment in a novel or play; "the deathbed scene is the climax of the play"
--2 is a kind of moment, minute, second, instant
--2 is a part of story
- orgasm, climax, sexual climax, coming - the moment of most intense pleasure in sexual intercourse
--3 is a kind of consummation
--3 has particulars: male orgasm
- climax - the most severe stage of a disease
--4 is a kind of degree, level, stage, point
- climax - arrangement of clauses in ascending order of forcefulness
--5 is a kind of rhetorical device
Verb climax has 1 sense
- culminate, climax - end, especially to reach a final or climactic stage; "The meeting culminated in a tearful embrace"
--1 is one way to end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
Something is ----ing PP