Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective confederate has 2 senses
- Confederate - of or having to do with the southern Confederacy during the Civil War; "Confederate soldiers"
Antonym: northern (indirect, via southern)
- allied, confederate, confederative - united in a confederacy or league
Antonym: divided (indirect, via united)
Noun confederate has 3 senses
- Confederate - a supporter of the Confederate States of America
--1 is a kind of supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend; Southerner
--1 has particulars: Confederate soldier
- confederate, collaborator, henchman, partner in crime - someone who assists in a plot
--2 is a kind of accessory, accessary
- accomplice, confederate - a person who joins with another in carrying out some plan (especially an unethical or illegal plan)
--3 is a kind of assistant, helper, help, supporter
--3 has particulars: decoy, steerer