Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun carriage has 5 senses
- passenger car, coach, carriage - a railcar where passengers ride
--1 is a kind of car, railcar, railway car, railroad car
--1 is a member of passenger train
--1 has particulars:
| ||dining car, diner, dining compartment, buffet car; nonsmoker, nonsmoking car; parlor car, parlour car, drawing-room car, palace car, chair car; Pullman, Pullman car; sleeping car, sleeper, wagon-lit; smoker, smoking car, smoking carriage, smoking compartment|
- carriage, equipage, rig - a vehicle with four wheels drawn by two or more horses
--2 is a kind of horse-drawn vehicle
--2 has parts: axletree; rumble
--2 has particulars:
- carriage, bearing, posture - characteristic way of bearing one's body; "stood with good posture"
--3 is a kind of bodily property
--3 has particulars:
- carriage - a machine part that carries something else
--4 is a kind of mechanism
--4 is a part of typewriter; lathe
--4 has particulars: typewriter carriage
- baby buggy, baby carriage, carriage, perambulator, pram, stroller, go-cart, pushchair, pusher - a small vehicle with four wheels in which a baby or child is pushed around
--5 is a kind of wheeled vehicle
--5 has particulars: bassinet