Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective noble has 5 senses
- noble, solid, upstanding, worthy - having high moral qualities; "a noble spirit"; "a solid citizen"; "an upstanding man"; "a worthy successor"
Antonyms: dishonorable, dishonourable (indirect, via honorable)
- baronial, imposing, noble, stately - impressive in appearance; "a baronial mansion"; "an imposing residence"; "a noble tree"; "severe-looking policemen sat astride noble horses"; "stately columns"
Antonym: unimpressive (indirect, via impressive)
- noble - of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as derived from feudal times; "of noble birth"
Antonyms: lowborn, base, baseborn, humble, lowly, common, plebeian, vulgar, unwashed, ignoble, ungentle, untitled
- noble - having or showing or indicative of high or elevated character; "a noble spirit"; "noble deeds"
Antonyms: ignoble, base, mean, meanspirited, contemptible, despicable, currish, dishonorable, dishonourable
- noble - inert especially toward oxygen; "a noble gas such as helium or neon"; "noble metals include gold and silver and platinum"
Antonym: reactive (indirect, via unreactive)