Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective honorable has 5 senses
- honest, honorable - not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent; "honest lawyers"; "honest reporting"; "an honest wage"; "honest weight"
- honorable, honourable - showing or characterized by honor and integrity; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"
Antonyms: dishonorable, dishonourable, debasing, degrading, shabby, black, disgraceful, ignominious, inglorious, opprobrious, shameful, unprincipled, yellow
- honorable, honourable - used as a title of respect; "my honorable colleague"; "our worthy commanding officer"
Antonym: unworthy (indirect, via worthy)
- ethical, honorable, honourable, moral - adhering to ethical and moral principles; "it seems ethical and right"; "followed the only honorable course of action"; "had the moral courage to stand alone"
Antonym: wrong (indirect, via right)
- estimable, good, honorable, respectable - deserving of esteem and respect; "all respectable companies give guarantees"; "ruined the family's good name"
Antonym: disreputable (indirect, via reputable)