Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective upper has 3 senses
- upper - higher in place or position; "the upper bunk"; "in the upper center of the picture"; "the upper stories"
Antonym: low (indirect, via high)
- upper - the topmost one of two
Antonym: bottom (indirect, via side, top)
Antonym: side (indirect, via top, bottom)
- upper - superior in rank or accomplishment; "the upper half of the class"
Antonym: inferior (indirect, via superior)
Noun upper has 3 senses
- upper berth, upper - the higher of two berths
--1 is a kind of berth, bunk, built in bed
- upper - piece of leather that forms the part of a shoe or boot above the sole
--2 is a kind of piece of leather
--2 is a part of footwear, footgear
--2 has part: quarter; toe; vamp
- amphetamine, pep pill, upper, speed - a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
--3 is a kind of stimulant, stimulant drug; drug of abuse, street drug
--3 has particulars:
| ||amphetamine sulfate, amphetamine sulphate; Benzedrine, bennie; dextroamphetamine sulphate, Dexedrine; methamphetamine, methamphetamine hydrochloride, Methedrine, meth, deoxyephedrine, chalk, chicken feed, crank, glass, ice, shabu, trash|