Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun trash has 4 senses
- rubbish, trash, scrap - worthless material that is to be disposed of
--1 is a kind of waste, waste material, waste matter, waste product
--1 has particulars:
- trash, scum - worthless people
--2 is a kind of rabble, riffraff, ragtag, ragtag and bobtail
- folderol, rubbish, tripe, trumpery, trash, wish-wash, applesauce, codswallop - nonsensical talk or writing
--3 is a kind of drivel, garbage
- methamphetamine, methamphetamine hydrochloride, Methedrine, meth, deoxyephedrine, chalk, chicken feed, crank, glass, ice, shabu, trash - amphetamine used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
--4 is a kind of amphetamine, pep pill, upper, speed; controlled substance
Verb trash has 2 senses
- trash, junk, scrap - dispose of (something useless or old); "trash these old chairs"; "junk an old car"; "scrap your old computer"
--1 is one way to discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
Somebody ----s something
- pan, tear apart, trash - express a totally negative opinion of; "The critics panned the performance"
--2 is one way to disparage, belittle, pick at
Sam and Sue trash the movie