Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun throb has 2 senses
- throb - a deep pulsating type of pain
--1 is a kind of pain, hurting
- throb, throbbing, pounding - an instance of rapid strong pulsation (of the heart); "he felt a throbbing in his head"
--2 is a kind of pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat
Verb throb has 3 senses
- throb - pulsate or pound with abnormal force; "my head is throbbing"; "Her heart was throbbing"
--1 is one way to ache, smart, hurt
Somebody's (body part) ----s
- pulsate, throb, pulse - expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
--2 is one way to beat, pound, thump
The crowds throb in the streets
The streets throb with crowds
- shudder, shiver, throb, thrill - tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
--3 is one way to tremble