Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun thump has 2 senses
- thump, thumping, clump, clunk, thud - a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
--1 is a kind of sound
- thump - a heavy blow with the hand
--2 is a kind of blow
Verb thump has 3 senses
- beat, pound, thump - move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast"
--1 is one way to move
Something is ----ing PP
- thud, thump - make a dull sound; "the knocker thudded against the front door"
--2 is one way to sound, go
- thump, pound, poke - hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
--3 is one way to hit
The fighter managed to thump his opponent