Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun target has 5 senses
- target, mark - a reference point to shoot at; "his arrow hit the mark"
--1 is a kind of reference point, point of reference, reference
--1 has parts: bull's eye, bull
--1 has particulars: clout; drogue
- prey, quarry, target, fair game - a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
--2 is a kind of victim
- target, target area - the location of the target that is to be hit
--3 is a kind of topographic point, place, spot
--3 has particulars: ground zero
- target, butt - sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
--4 is a kind of sports equipment, sporting goods
--4 has particulars: clay pigeon
- aim, object, objective, target - the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
--5 is a kind of goal, end
--5 has particulars: business; point; thing
Verb target has 1 sense
- target, aim, place, direct, point - intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
--1 is one way to aim, take, train, take aim, direct
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody