Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun spark has 6 senses
- flicker, spark, glint - a momentary flash of light
--1 is a kind of flash
- sparkle, spark, light - brightness and animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"
--2 is a kind of vitality, verve; expression, look, aspect, facial expression, face
- discharge, spark, arc, electric arc, electric discharge - electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
--3 is a kind of electrical conduction
--3 has particulars:
- spark - a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger; "a spark of interest"; "a spark of decency"
--4 is a kind of trace, hint, suggestion
- Spark, Muriel Spark, Dame Muriel Spark, Muriel Sarah Spark - Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
--5 is a kind of writer, author
- spark - a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
--6 is a kind of fragment
Verb spark has 2 senses
- trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off - put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
--1 is one way to initiate, pioneer
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something
- spark, sparkle - emit or produce sparks; "A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark"
--2 is one way to emit, give out, give off