Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective sick has 4 senses
- ill, sick - not in good physical or mental health; "ill from the monotony of his suffering"
- nauseated, queasy, sick, sickish - feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit
Antonym: well (indirect, via ill)
- brainsick, crazy, demented, distracted, disturbed, mad, sick, unbalanced, unhinged - affected with madness or insanity; "a man who had gone mad"
Antonym: sane (indirect, via insane)
- disgusted, fed up, sick, sick of, tired of - having a strong distaste from surfeit; "grew more and more disgusted"; "fed up with their complaints"; "sick of it all"; "sick to death of flattery"; "gossip that makes one sick"; "tired of the noise and smoke"
Antonym: pleased (indirect, via displeased)
Noun sick has 1 sense
- sick - people who are sick; "they devote their lives to caring for the sick"
--1 is a kind of people
Verb sick has 1 sense
- vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up - eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
--1 is one way to excrete, egest, eliminate, pass