Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun chuck has 3 senses
- chow, chuck, eats, grub - informal terms for a meal
--1 is a kind of fare
- chuck - the part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade
--2 is a kind of cut of beef
--2 is a part of side of beef
--2 has part: blade; shoulder
- chuck - a holding device consisting of adjustable jaws that center a workpiece in a lathe or center a tool in a drill
--3 is a kind of holding device
--3 is a part of lathe; drill; electric drill
--3 has parts: jaw, jaws
--3 has particulars: collet, collet chuck
Verb chuck has 4 senses
- chuck, toss - throw carelessly; "chuck the ball"
--1 is one way to throw
The children chuck the ball
- chuck, ditch - throw away; "Chuck these old notes"
--2 is one way to abandon
Somebody ----s something
- chuck, pat - pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
--3 is one way to caress
Somebody ----s something PP
- vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up - eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
--4 is one way to excrete, egest, eliminate, pass