Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun shit has 6 senses
- crap, dirt, shit, shite, poop, turd - obscene terms for feces
--1 is a kind of fecal matter, faecal matter, feces, faeces, BM, stool, ordure, dejection
- bullshit, bull, Irish bull, horseshit, shit, crap, dogshit - obscene words for unacceptable behavior; "I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"; "what he said was mostly bull"
--2 is a kind of bunk, bunkum, buncombe, guff, rot, hogwash
- jack, diddly-squat, diddlysquat, diddly-shit, diddlyshit, diddly, diddley, squat, shit - a small worthless amount; "you don't know jack"
--3 is a kind of small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- shit, dump - a coarse term for defecation; "he took a shit"
--4 is a kind of defecation, laxation, shitting
- asshole, bastard, cocksucker, dickhead, shit, mother fucker, motherfucker, prick, whoreson, son of a bitch, SOB - insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
--5 is a kind of unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- damn, darn, hoot, red cent, shit, shucks, tinker's damn, tinker's dam - something of little value; "his promise is not worth a damn"; "not worth one red cent"; "not worth shucks"
--6 is a kind of worthlessness
Verb shit has 2 senses
- denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag - give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
--1 is one way to inform
Somebody ----s somebody
=> Somebody ----s PP
- stool, defecate, shit, take a shit, take a crap, ca-ca, crap, make - have a bowel movement; "The dog had made in the flower beds"
--2 is one way to excrete, egest, eliminate, pass