Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective bastard has 2 senses
- bastard, bastardly, misbegot, misbegotten, spurious - born out of wedlock; "the dominions of both rulers passed away to their spurious or doubtful offspring"- E.A.Freeman
Antonym: legitimate (indirect, via illegitimate)
- bogus, fake, phony, phoney, bastard - fraudulent; having a misleading appearance
Antonyms: genuine, echt (indirect, via counterfeit)
Noun bastard has 3 senses
- asshole, bastard, cocksucker, dickhead, shit, mother fucker, motherfucker, prick, whoreson, son of a bitch, SOB - insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
--1 is a kind of unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- bastard, by-blow, love child, illegitimate child, illegitimate, whoreson - the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents
--2 is a kind of offspring, progeny, issue
- bastard, mongrel - derogatory term for a variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin; "the architecture was a kind of bastard suggesting Gothic but not true Gothic"
--3 is a kind of variation