Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective dirt has 1 sense
- dirt, ungraded - (of roads) not leveled or drained; unsuitable for all year travel
Antonym: improved (indirect, via unimproved)
Noun dirt has 4 senses
- soil, dirt - the part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
--1 is a kind of earth, ground
--1 has particulars:
| ||marl; regosol; residual soil, residual clay; topsoil, surface soil; subsoil, undersoil; alluvial soil; bog soil; clay; clunch; desert soil, desertic soil; caliche, hardpan; fuller's earth; gilgai soil; gumbo, gumbo soil; humus; indurated clay; Indian red; laterite; loam; loess; mold, mould; mud, clay; bole; podzol, podzol soil, podsol, podsol soil, podsolic soil; prairie soil; sand; sedimentary clay; silt; till, boulder clay; tundra soil; wiesenboden|
- dirt, filth, grime, soil, stain, grease, grunge - the state of being covered with unclean things
--2 is a kind of dirtiness, uncleanness
- crap, dirt, shit, shite, poop, turd - obscene terms for feces
--3 is a kind of fecal matter, faecal matter, feces, faeces, BM, stool, ordure, dejection
- scandal, dirt, malicious gossip - disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people
--4 is a kind of gossip, comment, scuttlebutt