Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun scoop has 6 senses
- scoop, scoopful - the quantity a scoop will hold
--1 is a kind of containerful
- scoop, pocket - a hollow concave shape made by removing something
--2 is a kind of concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
- exclusive, scoop - a news report that is reported first by one news organization; "he got a scoop on the bribery of city officials"
--3 is a kind of report, news report, story, account, write up
- soap, scoop, max, liquid ecstasy, grievous bodily harm, goop, Georgia home boy, easy lay - street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
--4 is a kind of gamma hydroxybutyrate, GHB
- scoop, scoop shovel - the shovel or bucket of dredge or backhoe
--5 is a kind of shovel
--5 is a part of backhoe; dredge
- scoop - a large ladle; "he used a scoop to serve the ice cream"
--6 is a kind of ladle
Verb scoop has 2 senses
- scoop, scoop out, lift out, scoop up, take up - take out or up with or as if with a scoop; "scoop the sugar out of the container"
--1 is one way to remove, take, take away, withdraw
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something
- outdo, outflank, trump, best, scoop - get the better of; "the goal was to best the competition"
--2 is one way to beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
The fighter managed to scoop his opponent