Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun trump has 2 senses
- trump, trump card - a playing card in the suit that has been declared trumps
--1 is a kind of playing card
- cornet, horn, trumpet, trump - a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
--2 is a kind of brass
--2 has particulars: serpent
Verb trump has 4 senses
- trump - produce a sound as if from a trumpet
--1 is one way to sound, go
- outdo, outflank, trump, best, scoop - get the better of; "the goal was to best the competition"
--2 is one way to beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
The fighter managed to trump his opponent
- trump, ruff - play a trump
--3 is one way to move, go
- trump, trump out - proclaim or announce with or as if with a fanfare
--4 is one way to announce, denote
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s that CLAUSE