Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective rubber has 2 senses
- rubber, rubberized, rubberised - made of rubber and therefore water-repellent; "rubber boots"
Antonym: permeable (indirect, via impermeable)
- rubber, no-good - returned for lack of funds; "a rubber check"; "a no-good check"
Antonym: good (indirect, via bad)
Noun rubber has 4 senses
- rubber, India rubber, gum elastic, caoutchouc - latex from trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus)
--1 is a kind of latex
--1 has particulars:
- rubber eraser, rubber, pencil eraser - an eraser made of rubber (or of a synthetic material with properties similar to rubber); commonly mounted at one end of a pencil
--2 is a kind of eraser
--2 is a part of pencil
- condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic - contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourse
--3 is a kind of contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- arctic, galosh, golosh, rubber, gumshoe - a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow
--4 is a kind of overshoe
Verb rubber has 1 sense
- rubberize, rubberise, rubber - coat or impregnate with rubber; "rubberize fabric for rain coats"
--1 is one way to coat, surface
Somebody ----s something