Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun replication has 7 senses
- reproduction, replication - the act of making copies; "Gutenberg's reproduction of holy texts was far more efficient"
--1 is a kind of copying
--1 has particulars: scanning; replay, action replay; sound reproduction
- replication - (genetics) the process whereby DNA makes a copy of itself before cell division
--2 is a kind of organic process, biological process
- rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter - a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
--3 is a kind of reply, response
--3 has particulars:
- replication - (law) a pleading made by a plaintiff in reply to the defendant's plea or answer
--4 is a kind of pleading
- echo, reverberation, sound reflection, replication - the persistence of a sound after its source has stopped
--5 is a kind of reflection, reflexion, reflectivity
--5 has particulars: re-echo
- replica, replication, reproduction - copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
--6 is a kind of copy
--6 has particulars: toy
- replication - the repetition of an experiment in order to test the validity of its conclusion; "scientists will not believe an experimental result until they have seen at least one replication"
--7 is a kind of repetition, repeating