Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun reflexion has 7 senses
- reflection, reflexion - the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
--1 is a kind of physical phenomenon
--1 has particulars: flare; interreflection; virtual image; zodiacal light
- expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion - expression without words; "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
--2 is a kind of demonstration, demo
--2 has particulars:
- observation, reflection, reflexion - a remark expressing careful consideration
--3 is a kind of remark, comment
--3 has particulars: Parkinson's law; Parkinson's law
- contemplation, reflection, reflexion, rumination, musing, thoughtfulness - a calm lengthy intent consideration
--4 is a kind of consideration
--4 has particulars:
- reflection, reflexion, reflectivity - the ability to reflect beams or rays
--5 is a kind of physical property
--5 has particulars: echo, reverberation, sound reflection, replication
- mirror image, reflection, reflexion - a likeness in which left and right are reversed
--6 is a kind of likeness, alikeness, similitude
- reflection, reflexion - the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material); "he studied his reflection in the mirror"
--7 is a kind of picture, image, icon, ikon