Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun consideration has 6 senses
- consideration - the process of giving careful thought to something
--1 is a kind of thinking, thought, cerebration, intellection, mentation
--1 has particulars:
- circumstance, condition, consideration - information that should be kept in mind when making a decision; "another consideration is the time it would take"
--2 is a kind of information
--2 has particulars: justification; mitigating circumstance
- consideration - a discussion of a topic (as in a meeting); "consideration of the traffic problem took more than an hour"
--3 is a kind of discussion, treatment, discourse
--3 has particulars: reconsideration
- consideration, considerateness, thoughtfulness - kind and considerate regard for others; "he showed no consideration for her feelings"
--4 is a kind of kindness
Antonyms: inconsideration, inconsiderateness, thoughtlessness
--4 has particulars: attentiveness; tact, tactfulness
- retainer, consideration - a fee charged in advance to retain the services of someone
--5 is a kind of fee
--5 has particulars: quid pro quo, quid
- consideration, thoughtfulness - a considerate and thoughtful act
--6 is a kind of kindness, benignity