Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun obstruction has 5 senses
- obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta - any structure that makes progress difficult
--1 is a kind of structure, construction
--1 has particulars:
| ||bar; barrier; blockade; blockage, block, closure, occlusion, stop, stoppage; hindrance, hitch, preventive, preventative, encumbrance, incumbrance, interference; obstacle; tumbler|
- obstruction, blockage - the state or condition of being obstructed
--2 is a kind of physiological state, physiological condition
--2 has particulars: intestinal obstruction, ileus; tamponade, tamponage
- obstacle, obstruction - something immaterial that stands in the way and must be circumvented or surmounted; "lack of immagination is an obstacle to one's advancement"; "the poverty of a district is an obstacle to good education"; "the filibuster was a major obstruction to the success of their plan"
--3 is a kind of hindrance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap
--3 has particulars:
- obstruction - the act of obstructing; "obstruction of justice"
--4 is a kind of hindrance, interference
--4 has particulars:
- obstruction - getting in someone's way
--5 is a kind of maneuver, manoeuvre, play
--5 has particulars: blocking, block, interference; check