Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun interference has 5 senses
- intervention, interference - a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries
--1 is a kind of foreign policy
Antonyms: nonintervention, noninterference
- hindrance, interference - the act of hindering or obstructing or impeding
--2 is a kind of act, human action, human activity
--2 has particulars:
- noise, interference, disturbance - electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
--3 is a kind of trouble
--3 has particulars:
- blocking, block, interference - (American football) the act of obstructing someone's path with your body; "he threw a rolling block into the line backer"
--4 is a kind of obstruction
--4 has particulars: trap block
- hindrance, hitch, preventive, preventative, encumbrance, incumbrance, interference - any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome
--5 is a kind of obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta
--5 has particulars: clog; speed bump