Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun mound has 5 senses
- mound, hill, pitcher's mound - (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
--1 is a kind of baseball equipment
--1 is a part of baseball diamond, diamond, infield
- knoll, mound, hillock, hummock, hammock - a small natural hill
--2 is a kind of hill
--2 has particulars: anthill, formicary; kopje, koppie; molehill
- pile, heap, mound, cumulus - a collection of objects laid on top of each other
--3 is a kind of collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
--3 has particulars:
- mound, hill - structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones; "they built small mounds to hide behind"
--4 is a kind of structure, construction
--4 has particulars:
- pitcher, mound - the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
--5 is a kind of position
--5 is a member of baseball team