Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun mixture has 5 senses
- mixture - (chemistry) a substance consisting of two or more substances mixed together (not in fixed proportions and not with chemical bonding)
--1 is a kind of substance, matter
--1 has particulars:
- concoction, mixture, intermixture - any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients; "he volunteered to taste her latest concoction"; "he drank a mixture of beer and lemonade"
--2 is a kind of foodstuff, food product
--2 has particulars:
- assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley - a collection containing a variety of sorts of things; "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
--3 is a kind of collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
--3 has particulars:
| ||grab bag; witches' brew, witches' broth, witch's brew; range; selection; odds and ends, oddments, melange, farrago, ragbag, hodgepodge, mishmash, mingle-mangle, hotchpotch, omnium-gatherum; alphabet soup; sampler|
- mix, mixture - an event that combines things in a mixture; "a gradual mixture of cultures"
--4 is a kind of combining, combine
--4 has particulars: concoction; blend
- mix, commixture, admixture, mixture, intermixture, mixing - the act of mixing together; "paste made by a mix of flour and water"; "the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"
--5 is a kind of combination, combining, compounding